Thanks to phyrcracker93, author of the Lee Legacy and Fading Quickly for nominating my blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award. As I explained to phyrcracker93, the Steam Summer Sale has been the worst thing to ever happen to this blog. I picked up Fallout 4 for half-price and have become completely engrossed with that stupid game. The sad thing is, I have a really good plot going for Van and his next generation. Figures, eh?
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
It is an award for bloggers from other bloggers. It is a beautiful way to share all the amazing things other bloggers do and write about. To recognize their efforts in inspiring others to do what they love.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
1. Describe your most recent dream.
2. Which one of your characters is most like yourself?
3. You are an alien who has studied the Earth for the past ten years and it is time to make contact. Who is the first person you talk to?
4. If you had the power to change one single event in history, how would you use it?
5. Name the first artist that comes to mind.
6. You just found $20 in a pair of jeans! What do you do with it?
7. When was the last time you volunteered your time to a cause? What did you do?
8. If music were visible, my favorite song would look like…
9. Star Trek or Star Wars?
10. You are transported to 1976… no internet, cable tv, cell phones, or computers. Describe what you do with your free time.
11. Ancient wisdom or untold strength – you may choose one.
Answers to Phyrcracker93’s Questions:
1. Who has been you favorite character to write as/favorite character in general?
Without a doubt, Kacey from the Barimen Legacy. The blog took some four years to complete, and I felt terrible for having to place her through so much tragedy. Even in the end, after she found Adam, she ended up having to abandon Moira to save her unborn son.
2. Do you prefer reading story-driven blogs, or commentary/silly blogs? Why?
I’m a story-driven kind of guy. Character development and an engaging story are paramount to keeping my interest in a tale. If that story is silly or has biting commentary, all the better! I stay away from stories that call themselves “gritty” or “steamy” as I find those generally substituting grit and steam for great story-telling.
3. If you had to live the life of one of your characters, who would it be?
Tough question, though I would have to say “Doc” from Faith’s chapter in the Barimen Legacy. His early life was extremely difficult if not nearly hopeless. Readers may notice a slow transformation in his character until the point where he witnesses Kacey’s true form. His story after that moment is not documented in the legacy, but he went on to live a very long life with Hope. They actually ended up with a whole mess of kids.
4. What is a skill that you excel at? (It could be anywhere from pogo-sticking to giving advice, to rolling your tongue, to just listening to people. Anything really.)
I don’t know if this is as much a skill as it is a trait, but I’d say leadership. I’ve been involved in a number of youth mentoring and scouting programs – . I’ve been a middle school teacher and am currently a Sunday school teacher. Most importantly, I’m a leader to my children in showing them the “the Way, the Truth and the Life” – John 14:6
5. Which of your characters would you least want to live the life of?
Jon Buford – he was a miserable human being
6. If you had to do something over in order to make a different decision, what would it be?
Any time I used harsh words with my family – for any reason
7. What made you want to blog for sims specifically?
I read a blog entitled “Alice and Kev” and was moved to tell my own moral tale using the sims as a vehicle for story-telling.
8. Do your family/close friends know about your blog?
9. If you could make your sim blogging into a career, would you?
10. What’s your favorite genre of music?
Is Cheap Trick a genre? Either way, Cheap Trick
11. What type of sim is your favorite to make?
Neat – If you saw the inside of my house, you’d know why..